In 106 hours from right now, a mob will form at a locally-owned, independent
business - From SyracuseFirst
Not just any riled up rabble, this group will be made up of people from all walks of life, and have the communal goal of creating a
vibrant, thriving regional economy.
This powerful family of Central New Yorkers are economic development change agents. Each are armed with $10 cash in hand,
and the knowledge that almost twice as much of their money will stay in Syracuse through purchases at locally-owned businesses
than comparable national chains.
This family includes you, your friends and loved ones... pretty much everyone you know. Together, we are the Cuse Mob. We are
the change agents. We have the ability to create the best version of Syracuse, and have fun doing it.
To that end, we ask you to join us this Thursday, September 13th at 6:00pm for the next installment of the Cuse Mob. Where will it
be? Here's the first clue to help you figure that out: http://syracusefirst.org/blog/?p=1722
- Team Syracuse First
With 6 days until the (2nd) Cuse Mob, we have a timeline of events. Here’s
what you need to know:
- Sunday (Sept 9th) brings the first clue. If you’d like to be notified as soon as the clue is posted, you can sign up for our emails
(we won’t spam you, promise) on the SyracuseFirst website. Scroll down to ‘take the pledge’ on the left column. Enter your name
and email. Pretty easy.
- Monday (Sept 10th), you’ll get the second clue. Guessing is highly recommended. Email, twitter, facebook, blog comment —
drop us a line and let us know where you think the mob will be.
- Tuesday (Sept 11th), we’ll give you the third clue. Also the easiest of the clues. Guesses should come in droves - But we’re still
not going to give it away.
- Wednesday (Sept 12th), our main man Chris Fowler is scheduled to make an appearance on Joey and Heather in the Morning
(Movin’ 100.3). Live on air, Chris will reveal the location of the Cuse Mob. He’ll be on at 8am.
- Thursday (Sept 13th): we mob!
- Visit the Cuse Mob webpage – our friends at Geo Dux have created a wonderful tool for you to share memories and stories
about Cuse Mob.
- A friendly reminder to bring $10 in cash for the mob
- Have an awesome weekend!
A little bit of history about the first Cuse Mob held at Craft Chemistry in
The first Cuse Mob was held on May 5, 21012 at Craft Chemistry on North Salina Street in Syracuse, NY and spearheaded by
SyracuseFirst Executive Director Chris Fowler and Director of communications, Jamie White. Over 250 local residents
participated to support a small, locally owned indepedent business in Syracuse. The very first Cuse Mob, thanks to Syracuse First
and our great media friends, was one of, if not THE most successful crowd funding mob in the US.
The champions are the consumers of Syracuse and Central New York who turned up to support a locally owned Independent
Syracuse Small Business! That's why your input is so important. You made it happen!
Cuse Mob is the Syracuse version of "Cash Mobs" sweeping the US and other countries. When you participate in Cuse Mob to
support a Syracuse and Central New York Independently owned business, you're part of the solution. See the graphic below to
realize the local impact of how your Cuse Mob spending and shopping locally helps our community. The Syracuse and Central
New York economy needs it.
Cuse Mob Website Sponsor
Cuse Mob Website Sponsor
© 2013 - Cuse Mob - All Rights Reserved
Cuse Mob Website Sponsor - Geo Dux
Visit the S1 Blog For Information About Cuse Mob 3